Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZUZKA

Friday 24th June (I know I suck, I should have updated the day after but I'm a lazy cow) saw us gather at Amazon Steakhouse for Zuzka's Birthday dinner. I was soooooooo looking forward to lots of meat and even a few cocktails so I arrived with a big smile on my face and images of giant steaks dancing in my head.

We sat around waiting for ages to have our drinks orders taken, I ordered a Mango Daiquiri to begin with, figuring I'd order a couple more over the course of the evening. 25 minutes later my drink arrived (seriously how long does it take to blend some alcohol and mango ice-cream/puree together? it's not that fucking hard, I do it all the time and I don't have a degree in bartendology or whatever the fuck you call it!) Anyways, I tasted it and it was the most bitter dreadful cocktail I’ve possibly ever had. Strike 1



We finally got one of the waiters to come and take our order, and the little fucker must have been on his god damn period because he was a total twat to us, but to ensure the little mongrel didn’t piss in our food, I held my tongue and waited til he left to bitch about him. I ordered a steak, medium rare, with mushroom sauce and mashed potatoes. Not very exciting and you would think you couldn’t fuck it up, at least I did. I WAS WRONG.


I got my steak about 40 minutes later, It was the blandest looking meal I'd been served in a loooooooong time and it was rare (good thing I don't mind a little blood) the sauce was weak in flavour and the mash was pretty blah too. I opted not to order any desserts or additional cocktails as everything I had been served that evening had been shite. From what I remember everyone else had issues with their meals too, but I’ll let them speak for themselves.

Honestly I had a great night, anytime I get to spend with my friends is a time, it's just such a shame the service couldn't have been better and on such a special occasion too. I would definitely NOT recommend this place. What did the rest of you think? I'm pretty sure Jess enjoyed her ribs :-)


Til next time
xoxo
Mel D

1 comment:

  1. Well unfortunately I did recommend this place! because the few times I had been there I had great service and thought the meals were excellent value (as far as size goes, I don't think anyone could complain about the serving size of their meal!) so I was feeling rather bad that it turned out to be a bad dining experience! I guess they just can't handle the pressure of a busy night . . . We were allocated a moody little shite as our waiter, we did wait too long to for food and drink orders, and when they came out, most of the food orders were incorrect! (My lamb was cooked perfectly, but I know a few others were unhappy).
    Such a shame, becuase I know they can do better, but all it takes is one bad night and Amazon have lost 12 dining customers!

    ReplyDelete