Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Sri Lankan Affair


After a long day at work, caught up with the delectable Miss Tahu and off we went for the first of many, many, many meals down King Street.

While I was looking for something familiar and un-exotic (is that even a word?) Tahu pointed out Kammadhenu - located at 377 King Street Newtown. I was hesitant at first, it looked like a hole in the wall and frankly I've never been that adventurous when it comes to food (didn't really think about that when I came up with this frikken idea now did I?) But as Tahu pointed out, I was going to have to eat there eventually, so I might as well do it now.

In we went, seated by the lovely Rahul who was very nice and attentive during the course of the meal. We checked out the menu, there's heaps to choose from and I had no idea what 98% of it was but in the end with Rahul's help we chose a mix of Gobi and Onion Pakoda (Gobi =  Cauliflower - woo hoo I'm learning Sri Lankan) as a starter. So yummy.



The Lamb Saag I ordered was A-MAY-ZING; it just melted in my mouth such yummy goodness. The Chicken Chettinad Tahu ordered almost burned the inside of my mouth; I was forced to pathetically beg for more water, I'm such a frikken lightweight!


In the end, we had a great night, good food, great conversation, lots of gossip and best of the entire bill came to less than $60.00, $12.00 of which was for 2 glasses of wine. Now I love a great meal but if I can get it for a good price now you just can't beat that shit!



1 down approximately 69 more to go (mind out of the gutter, you know who you are)

No comments:

Post a Comment