Thursday, March 3, 2011

CHURROS versus CHURROS

Can you have bad Churros? I don't think so but one can definitely be better than the other!

The Churros at The Marlborough Hotel was the first time I'd ever had Churros, so when it came out I was suitably impressed. Served with Hot Chocolate dipping sauce and Strawberry coulis it looked heavenly. OK so it looked a little over cooked but it tasted pretty good. I decided I was most certainly going to order it every time I came across it on a menu, that's how much I liked it.


Now when the same dish came out at Madame Fling Flongs it didn't look anywhere near as special. Firstly there was no Strawberry Coulis, it was covered in sugar granules not icing sugar and it was all goldeny too. The difference in the taste was insane, crispy on the outside, all soft and doughy in the middle. Absolute Perfection. If you are ever there ORDER IT!!


There was no doubt who the winner in this bout was. Madame Fling Flongs by a country mile. Orgasmic is the best way I can describe it, the only way.

On that note I'm off to dream about Churros and other things smothered in Hot Chocolate Sauce.

Sweet Dreams
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Best Churros ever (and everything else) at MoVida in Melbourne, if you're ever there. I'm in love with that place. I even bought their cookbook - not sure if it has the churros. If it does, I'll give it a crack for you sometime (could be dodgy!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to write this one down and be sure to visit them when I am down in April :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh sam are you down in April, we must catch up!!

    ReplyDelete