Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Tahuaka Fahey!!!! (Part 1)

Saturday 26th of February found us at The Marlborough Hotel on King St of course to celebrate the lovely Miss Tahuaka Fahey's Birthday. I won’t tell you how old and I won’t post the pic of her in her groovy hat (she hates it, i think she looks adorable) coz I'm not a cunt like that.

She and I were the first ones there, we settled into a nice corner table @ Bar Prego (it was too frikken hot to sit outside outside) and waited for the other guests to arrive. Vikki and Arne were the first to join us; we quickly ordered drinks (they apparently don't serve the Birthday Girls fave cider - big NO NO) followed by Sheena & Sue and their brood Charlie, Sofia and Oliver. The party was in full swing, many drinks and laughs were shared, at one point Vikki had me laughing so hard I snorted 7 times in a row, it was a heart-warming story about a woman’s humungous va-jay-jay on Embarrassing Bodies that set me off.

We ordered food at the bar, the girl was lovely and the service was prompt, although the tables could have used a wipe down after the people before us left, just saying.

Sue ordered the Crying Tiger - tender beef marinated in herbs served with homemade spicy sauce and garlic fried rice. I have to say I found the salad on the side a little unusual, not at all Asian looking, but then I didn't have to eat it so whatever.


Her Mrs, Sheena, ordered the Garlic Prawn Salad - garlic prawns, baby spinach, apple, celery, capsicum, parmesan & pine nuts in a Thai summer dressing. Sheena reckons it was pretty good. It smelled fabulous too.


Their gorgeous girls Charlie and Sofia shared a Marlborough Platter (small) - garlic chicken balls, calamari rings, Cajun crumbed prawns, spring rolls, octopus balls and pork wontons. There was nothing left on the plate so it must have been good.


Vikki and Arne both ordered the garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine - served in napolitana sauce with mushroom, olive and basil topped with parmesan. They both agreed it was pretty ordinary which is a shame because it looked pretty yummy.


The Birthday girl originally wanted the Grilled Cajun Chicken Breast but because of her gluten intolerance (yes she's one of THOSE!) had to settle for the Grilled Lemon Pepper & Cajun Chicken Salad. It looked pretty frikken good when it came out but I couldn't understand why she could have that and not the Cajun Chicken breast she originally wanted. I think the girl that took our order may have been a bit "special"


I chose the Baked Barramundi Fillet with Chilli, lime and ginger served on a bed of garlic mash and wilted spinach. It didn't look that crash hot when it came out, for one thing there was no frikken wilted spinach but once I opened the little package the smell was so delicious any disappointment I may have felt disappeared into the ethos. And it tasted as good as it looked mucho yumminess.



So Sheena and I decided to order dessert, Churros with Chocolate dipping sauce and strawberry coulis. Sheena also decided to order a coffee. Our "special" waitress had no idea how to make a long black SERIOUSLY! And then when she brought the coffee over she had the saucer in one hand and the cup in the other, and was practically staggering to the table. And if that's not bad enough, Sheena had to go all MacGyver and use a knife to stir her coffee because the fucktard serving us didn't bother to bring one lol. To quote Sheena "it's a Pub not a cafe"


After Sue took the kids home and Arne left to pick up his olds from the airport we moved outside into the courtyard. It's rather nice out there when the suns not blistering hot, plenty of shady spots which is always good. I finally decided to order a cocktail, a Smooth Operator so very good and it looked pretty too. Not bad for a $10.50 pub job if you ask me.


Tahu's mate Jeremy and Vikki’s man Anze turned up later in the day, Jeremy ordered the Thai Beef Salad marinated beef served medium rare with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, casher nuts and mixed herbs with a Thai herb dressing - now that was one gorgeous plate when it came out!


The food was fantabulous and the company was great. I met a few new people which is always good, and they knew who I was! You gotta love friends that talk about you, I felt almost famous lol. And most importantly Miss Tahu had a wonderful time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!!!

See how nice I was, I didn't post any pics of you.........yet :-)

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. *sniffles* After all the hype, and I didn't even get invited in the end! Waaahhh.

    Hmm, anyway - glad you had fun & told you the Marly was good.

    ReplyDelete